CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

trust


This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?"


Romans 8:15


I know I have read this verse before but yesterday I read it as if it were the first time. It so fits what I have experienced the past year. I know that life is filled with ups and downs, twists and turns, but instead of fearing the unknown, the future, I have come to a live in a state of expectancy. My line has been “Surprise me, God!” (but I love “What’s next Papa?”). I know that He has things in store for me but I have no idea how the pieces fit together. I always think I know but I am usually wrong. God is very creative in how He works out things in my life. I love feeling adventurous rather than fearful. I believe it comes from beginning to develop a deeper trust in Him.

Do you fear the future?

Do you have a need to know what’s next?

Do you feel like you need to help God?

What would it feel like to know He is in control…that He holds all of it? You may know it in your head but what if you knew that in your heart? How would your life be different? What would it feel like to say “What’s next, Papa?”

Ponder these questions as you live into your ‘resurrected’ life.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: