CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

travel guides


I could never do this spiritual life alone. I need my travel guides. What I mean by this is that I need those people who point out the way for me. They don’t tell me which way to go but they illuminate the path and make the journey with me. About 5 years ago a friend of mine shared his evolving spiritual journey with me. I was intrigued. Something in my spirit was awakened and the spiritual landscape slowly began to change for me. Knowing that I was in unknown territory, I invite a ‘travel guide’ to help me. Again, she doesn’t tell me where to go but she does help me notice things along the way.

It’s like I’m on this glorious trip that God has arranged for me. He has graciously given me people who can help me along the way. They may have traveled this way before me and can help me navigate the way – or even if their journey has been different, they can help me make sense of landmarks I might be encountering. One of my relationships is strictly for this purpose. I know that when I spend time with her, the intention is to see where God is at work in my life. I am also blessed with traveling companions - wonderful friends who I can have spiritual conversations with and do life with. And then, there are those random encounters where God will use the most unlikely person or circumstance to speak in to my life.

Who are the guides in your life? Who are those people you are intentionally speaking to, help you discern the movement of God in your life? Who are the friends that build into you…celebrate the grace you are noticing and support any correction God wants to make in your walk. Who are those who are imprinting on you? Many times, we take these life-giving relationships for granted. Pause today to reflect and be thankful for those who accompany you.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: