CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

teachers


As we continue to reflect on our relationship with Jesus, I want to encourage you today to look at who was instrumental in your spiritual life. Perhaps you had the privilege of being raised in a Christian home where God was no stranger. Maybe it was a parent or grandparent who prayed with you and told you that God loved you. Or perhaps it was a friend, within which you noticed something different, something attractive. Or maybe you were like me and it was the guy who took a chance on dating someone who didn’t have a strong relationship with God. Through his example you realized there was more to this “God” thing. As I think back I can name several people who God used to woo me to Him. I am so grateful to Him for placing them in my life.

I invite you to spend some time today reflecting on who those people were in your life. Who pointed you to the One who loves you more than anyone possibly could? Who shared the truth of who He is? Who stirred the desire in your heart for more? And who played a part in you anticipating this upcoming Christmas Day when we celebrate His coming to earth? Consider spending some time today lifting them up in prayer and asking God that they might experience a fuller measure of His presence this season.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: