CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

reflections on relationships


As I engage myself in a process of examination, one of the areas that I always need to pay attention to is my relationships. I need to ask myself these questions:

How am I doing in my relationships with others?

Am I being loving?

Am I being attentive?

Have I been harsh?

Have I thought ill of someone or talked about someone?

Do I feel as if I am in competition with someone?

Do I begrudge someone the gifts and abilities they have?

Do I have the other’s best interest at heart?

Do I sacrifice for the benefit of the other?

Do I try to have win/win solutions to problems?

Can I put their interest in front of mine?

Do I give them the benefit of the doubt?

Do I resist jumping to conclusions?

Do I notice the wonderful things they have done
rather than the one thing they haven’t?

Do I encourage them to be the best they can be
even if it means they will outshine me?


How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!

Psalm 133:1


May you spend some time, as we move closer to the celebration of Christmas, examining your relationships. Be sensitive to what God may be saying to you and consider what it is He may be asking you to do.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: