CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

evaluation


Today is New Year’s Eve. It is the time for resolutions. Time to reflect on the past and to plan for the future. Usually, we think about things like our weight, or maybe our spending habits. How often do we think about our relationship with God? If, come next January one, I am in the same place with God that I am this year, that would not be a good thing. I don’t think my relationship with Him is static. I think it always changing…either moving closer to Him or moving further away. I don’t want to be further away. So, in the same way I need to monitor my food intake or my money output, I need to be intentional about my relationship with Jesus. I need to set time aside to be with Him. I need to be looking for Him throughout the day in the things and circumstances that make up ordinary life. I need to surrender my agenda, my wants, my desires to Him and wait expectantly to see how He will move.

Consider taking some time today or tomorrow reflecting on what you would like your relationship to be and what you might do to nurture it. I invite you to then write a letter to God letting Him know what those desires are and asking Him to reveal to you some new ways you might be with Him.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: