CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

veil of grace


“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”


C. S. Lewis

Is this how you look at life? Do you see everything in the light of Christ? Imagine how different things would look if they were covered with grace.

There was a person who hurt me during my childhood. As I looked back on that, I realized I had a choice. I could see what they did as deliberate and personal…or…I could choose to see them as broken and hurt themselves, and that they acted out of their brokenness. Does it excuse hurtful behavior? No…but it may help the one who is hurt to recognize that, short of God’s grace, none of us have the ability to love deeply.

Consider looking at everything and everyone today through the veil of God’s grace.

Grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

i_am_4given said...

Deb-
Thanks for this message today, I really needed it!!

Blessings,
Ronnie!!

Jan said...

When I notice those hurt feelings, what really helps me to look through the "veil of grace" is to pray: "Bless _________, change me."