CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

nurture


When we have so diligently
welcomed one another
that we have neglected
to provide hospitality
to our own selves
teach us
to be mindful
of the pilgrim
within our own souls
who longs
for a welcoming fire
and for shelter
in the dark.

Jan Richardson


Often, as women, we neglect ourselves. We take care of everyone else. To be able to give to others from a full tank, we need to give to ourselves.

How do you nurture yourself? How do you set time aside to care for your spiritual life? Your emotional life? Your physical life?

I hear women say, “I don’t have the time. I have small children…or teenagers with busy schedules.” No matter what life stage you find yourself in, find time to rest and renew. If you can’t see any way to do it, ask God to show you a way and look for how He might reveal that to you.

Don’t settle….don’t say, “Next month, next year, or, when the kids leave…I’ll take time for myself.”

I encourage you to take just ten minutes today to breath and sit in God’s presence. Nothing to do, nothing to prove…just sit in His presence, basking in His love.

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Great reminder mom. I'm sitting on the computer doing everything but my silent time which is what I came in here to do. So I'm now going to get off of the computer and just let myself sit for a little bit(not sure if I can make it for 10 min.though) and be in God's presence.