CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

outside the box


Show me your way, O Lord
teach me your path
guide me in your truth
and instruct me,
for you are God, my salvation
for you I yearn all the day.

From the 25th Psalm

So many times, we think we know how to become closer to God. We’ve been taught ‘how to do it’ by more mature believers, we do what our parents did, or we’ve been taught by a church. We follow the formula and hope for it to lead us closer to God. But I don’t think it works that way. I think God does the initiating. I think God does the teaching. All we need to do is quiet ourselves, listen to him and allow him to teach us. He made us all individuals and it stands to reason that a ‘one size fits all’ relationship isn’t how God works.

May you listen to God and allow him to show you how he wants you to be with him….even if it is “outside of the box”.

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think most of the time my relationship with God is "out of the box" and I love it!!

Thanks for all you do Deb! :)