CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

spa for the soul - silence


“I surround myself with silence. The silence is within me, permeates me, my house, reaches beyond the surfaces of the outer walls and into the bordering woods. It is one silence, continuous from within me outward in all directions: above, beneath, forward, rearward, sideward. In the silence I listen, I watch, I sense, I attend, I observe. I require this silence. I search it out.”
Alice Koller

This is what I want for my life. My days are filled with deadlines and tasks. And I seem to add more to my plate without taking anything off. I need silence. I need it to slow me down, to quiet my inner critic, to help me pay attention to God’s still, small voice. I have found that silence is foundational to the well-being of my spiritual life…and that impacts my emotional and physical life.

If you are practicing silence, consider extending the time you spend. If you haven’t tried it, begin with three minutes. You can focus in on your breathing to keep all the other thoughts out of your mind. "In…and…out…in…and…out." Just allow yourself to ‘be’ in God’s presence, silently, for three minutes. It will be a gift you give to Him…and to yourself.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: