CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

journaling


Last Friday was a day full of contradictions for me. My mind was full of steaming thoughts that threatened to leave me reeling. I went through so many emotions in a short period of time. I began my day hearing someone share their deep pain while going through a crisis of faith.

Then I received a phone call that my son had been in a car accident. Someone had rear-ended him and his jeep had flipped over (he is sore but fine).

I had a phone call from a friend whose children are all going through extremely tough situations.

And, finally, I spoke with my mom, who lives in Arizona and is not in the best of health. After years of trying to convince her to come back to PA and live near us, she is finally considering it.

Interesting how I can go weeks without significant events and then have one day full of them. The only way to process these kinds of things for me is to journal about them. I came home Friday night and wrote about all these experiences, where I saw God in them. I expressed my sorrow and my gratitude. I thanked God for His provision and asked Him to hold the things I couldn’t understand or change. Even though nothing had changed in my circumstances after I had finished, I had peace once I was done processing them on paper.

I invite you to continue journaling and discover what God is revealing to you through the events of your life. It is a rich experience that can increase your awareness of God’s hand in everything that touches you.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: