CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

beauty


Recently, I had a conversation with a friend who has gone through some really tough times in her life in the last 5 years. She found herself in a situation that changed her life dramatically. She watched her career fade away, her trust, her security. I am sure there were times when she thought she would never come out of dark tunnel she found herself in.

A couple of days ago she was shown, in a beautiful way, that she had come out on the other side of that dark tunnel. God had lead her through during times when she couldn’t see far enough to put on foot in front of the other, when she had no idea what the future held. In fact, He has given her a vision for how her pain can be turned in to something beautiful that will be a blessing to others in the future. I think of the verse in Proverbs…

”Weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning.”

Sometimes the night lasts a long, long time but God can redeem those things that would want to sink us….maybe not on our timetable but in His. He can bring beauty from the ashes. He can revive hearts and minds and lives.

To my friend…thank you for entrusting me with your incredible story. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for you as God continues to weave his beautiful plan into your life…as His story intersects with your story…and as you fly.

Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not trade any of the lessons I learned sitting in the ash pile scraping my raw wounds just like Job. I thought I had everything in my life planned out, only to have each belief and dream turn into the earthly dust they were made of. But what a beautiful brokeness to depend on God for each breath, each moment with only His strength to carry you forward. Then in His time, what a gift of redeeming grace the opportunity arises to be obedient to God and receive blessings beyond anything you could imagine.
To be present and sit with a broken and bleeding community. So desperately grieving, trying to reconcile unspeakable acts in a fallen world with living out the forgiveness we are called to in Matthew 6:14 & 15. Our hope is in Him and the path is forgiveness. To all who travel in the darkness, know He will light your way and His love will envelope you. Thankfully there are also special earthly angels who are willing to join us on our journeys when we allow them.
He is where my strength comes from...

deb said...

Kimberly,

Well said.........


Thank you.

Deb