CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

expectation


“Read with a vulnerable heart. Expect to be blessed in the reading. Read as one awake, one waiting for the beloved. Read with reverence.”

Macrina Wiederkehr

When I read scripture, I try to approach it as a love letter instead of like a newspaper. I read the newspaper to gain information. I read a love letter as if the person is right there with me, speaking into my heart.

That’s the way I want to approach the Bible….as if it is God’s love letter to me. I want to read it expecting that God will speak to me...as if He has something special to say to me.

I invite you to read a few verses…read them through slowly, several times. Pay attention to any words or phrases that seem to be illuminated and then, ask God what He wants you to know. Spend some time pondering what He is saying to you…about Him…about yourself. Then offer up a prayer of intention.

Expect Him to meet you in the scriptures.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: