CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

paths


Years ago, when I consciously began my relationship with God, I was taught that there one way to nurture that relationship. There was this formula that I needed to follow. It consisted of spending time reading Scripture and then going through my prayer list. Once I was done with this activity (when I did it) I was on my way and going about my day without really thinking of God outside of making sure I made good decisions.

In the past couple of years I’ve discovered that there are other paths to nurturing my relationship with God. I learned that I could read just a verse or two and sit with it for a few days, reflecting on what God was saying to me through it. I could sit quietly with Him with no requests on my lips. When I began to get quiet, I could hear Him and see Him in conversations, in movies, in songs, in nature. I could see Him so many places if I took the time to pay attention and be aware.

I went from all verbal prayer to almost all non-verbal prayer….just taking time to be with God and raising concerns to Him as he raises them in me.

I went from a Type A, ‘life of the party’ personality to being much more comfortable being alone and being quiet. I feel like I can sense Him more easily and that He permeates every area of my life.

I love this new way of being with God. I am comfortable letting the old fall away. Not that it isn’t good or profitable but it isn’t how God is calling me to be with Him right now.

May you ask Him how He wants you to be with Him….may you be willing to try something different, a little out of your comfort zone if that is how He leads. May you discover the paths that God may be inviting you to. May you have a new sense of His presence.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: