CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 3, 2007

worship


I apologize for my sporadic writing this past weekend….but I have a pretty good excuse. On Friday evening my daughter had a baby boy. It was a long and hard labor but the result was worth it. We have welcomed our new grandson into our lives. I am not sure how anyone who has ever seen an infant, let alone a birth, cannot believe in the existence of God. To look into his tiny face is like a glimpse into heaven.

Yesterday morning I went to church, and as soon as worship began, the tears began to flow. My cup was full. I was overwhelmed with God’s blessing. I was so thankful that I couldn’t sing. I needed to just listen to the music and worship in my heart. I also thought back to times of deep pain, when all I could do was cry during worship. Although I was very aware of the pain, I was also worshipping…worshipping the God who I trust…worshipping the God who I rest in, no matter what the circumstances look like.

Today I find myself in a season where “the sun is shining down on me…the world is all as it should be”. I am also aware that tomorrow I could be on the “road marked with suffering”. Through good and bad, may I continue to bless the name of the Lord.

No matter what today holds, can you offer worship up to God? I invite you to spend some time thinking about how God holds you in the palm of His hand and offer up a pray of worship to Him.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations Deb and Brooke! I know, all to well, what you are saying. Can I be, where I am today, and praise God through it all? I am happy to say, Yes, I can. Is it sometimes difficult? Yes, but I have been blessed and I am grateful! Thanks for reminding me! My prayers of gratitude are with you and your family as this is such a wonderful occasion!!
Love, Jane