CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

out of focus


This picture represents how I often see the hand of God. It is out of focus. It’s there but I am unable to see it clearly. It’s like I need ‘spiritual glasses’ so that I can bring things in to focus.

My ‘spiritual glasses’ come in the form of silence and solitude. When I sit quietly before God I can begin to sense His presence more acutely, I can see where He is and what He is doing in my life with more clarity. If, for a period of time, I neglect my need for this discipline, things begin to get out of focus. It doesn’t mean they aren’t there…it’s just that my ability to see them is hindered.

Today, I invite you to take some time to consider how God may be calling you to see Him more clearly. Perhaps that means sitting quietly. Perhaps it means being out in nature…or hearing Him in a piece of music, seeing Him in a piece of art.

Take some time to discover how He is inviting you to “be”.

Grace and Peace
Deb

0 comments: