CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

desire the ocean


Sorry this is late…my internet is out at home.

Ok…now to my ‘mud pies’. What do I settle for?

Small love….I don’t love as fully I could. Fear of rejection, getting hurt, being left….all keep me from loving fully. I allow these fears to keep me playing in the mud pie of inadequately loving.

Little trust…if I truly trusted I would never fear what tomorrow might bring, but I am concerned, at times, about the future. I know, intellectually, that God holds the future but I often live as if I don’t.

Playing it small…if I truly believed that God loved me and speaks clearly to me, I would run to what it is I feel he has called me to. But I move into it hesitantly, afraid it won’t happen instead of walking fully into it.

Sleepwalking….the beauty of God is all around me but most of the time I sleepwalk through it, settling for an occasional glimpse instead of being intentional about looking for it.

Busyness…I fool myself by thinking my ‘busyness’ measures my impact. God cares about people not tasks…relationships not projects.

Prayer…I talk more than I listen. I believe that God has awesome things to say to me but I don’t take enough time to listen to him ‘cause I’m too busy stating my case.

Talking….I sit in the mud pie of talking when God has an ocean of listening that would be much more enriching to me.

Risk….I’ve gotten a bit better at this over the years, conquering, with God’s help, a fear of flying, which enabled me to travel all over the world, even alone at times, but I still live life on the safe side. I want to live a life of adventure.


Fear of death…I am so tied to this life that I fear leaving it. I truly am playing in the mud pie when the beautiful, immense ocean of heaven is right on the other side.

I think you get the idea. I often live my life making mud pies because I can’t envision what being at the seaside would be like. What are your mud pies? I encourage you to take some time today to think about this…what keeps you from seeing the extravagant life God meant for you to have??

Lord, let me always be looking on the horizon for the ocean and let me run to it.

Grace and Peace,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I am on the fence with my relationship with God, I am still aware of my mud pies...whether it is God speaking or just an inner knowing I am not sure. My mud pies hold me back from so many things...loving, trusting, being a friend, etc. It is my mud pies that have contributed to the walls that are surrounding me. I thank you Deb for your honesty...and thank you for opening my eyes & awareness to my mud pies. Now it's time to move forward and change those behaviors...YIKES!

deb said...

Kristen,
Thanks for leaving your comment. I always like to hear from you. Don't settle...please don't settle for mud pies. There is an ocean waiting for you. Take the risk. It will be hard but so worth it.

Love,
Deb