CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

jars


If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us.

2 Corinthians 4:7

I love this verse. In the New Living Translation, we are called ‘jars of clay’.

When you first meet me, you may not immediately notice it. I am just a ‘jar of clay’. Hopefully, after some time, you would notice something different, something you might be drawn to. That would be Him. I would be an ordinary container if it weren’t for one thing…the light of Christ I carry with me. That light illuminates my life and makes the ordinary extraordinary.

But, I need to pay attention…I need to be looking and see where God is evident in the ordinary parts of my day and notice Him in the lives of those around me.

I invite you today, to pay attention to how you carry Christ in your ‘jar of clay’ life. Be looking for Him in the lives of those around you. How do they reflect God in their lives? Just notice.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: