CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

difference

I came across this quote a couple of days ago:

“Can people look at my life and say “That life would not make sense if God didn’t exist.”…”

Let that sink in for a few minutes. If we are believers, shouldn’t our lives reflect that? Shouldn’t something look different? If people can’t tell the difference, what is the point?

I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten a soda out of a machine and the machine has given me too much change back. I always take it into the store and give it to them. They are shocked. Or, if I notice that a clerk charged me too little, I tell them. Again, they look at me as if I’ve grown two heads.

Don’t be misled. I have more than my share of times of falling way short of the person I want to be. I just pray that I recognize it and I work to redeem it. Because if people can’t say that there is something different about me, than I am not living fully into this life in God.

Peace,
Deb

2 comments:

i_am_4given said...

I can relate to what you are saying, I have received more change, or been undercharged, and I get the same look. But I have to think that is because we are not to be of this world, that's why we get those funny looks.

I can see a difference in my life since my walk with Christ. The only way I can explain it is that my eyes are opened. I can see things so much differently than I did before. And I can look back and see where the Lord has His hand on me and I didn't even know it, then, but I do now. And seeing that, make me very humble, because I can see that He loved me before I knew Him.

Anonymous said...

I have learned that I have to choose: Do I want to try and bless myself, or do I want to let God bless me? If I want God to bless me, then I have to live the way He tells me.

Sometimes doing something God's way means that I have to walk by an easy 'blessing'--like taking advantage of other people's mistakes. But I am always glad when I live God's way