CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

desire

This past week, I was at the Creation Festival. For those of you who don’t know what Creation is, it is a gathering of 60,000 to 70,000 Christians who come together to listen to speakers and bands. Occasionally, members of the bands will take a break from singing and speak to the crowd. Sometimes I connect more with what they have to say than the actual speakers.

I love the group, Casting Crowns. During their time on stage, the leader of the group said something that really resonated with me.

“God doesn’t need us…He wants us.”

Wow. Again, it is something I know on an intellectual plane but I don’t often think about the reality of it. God wants us. Wait… let me make that more personal. God wants you…He wants me. I’m not sure why but it seems different than saying that God loves you or me. Maybe because I’ve heard, so many times, that God loves me. But the thought that He wants me, moves me in a different way.

Today, I want to let that truth wash over me. I want to let it sink in. I want to let it become part of what I know deep inside. I invite you to do the same. Spend some time with the thought that God wants you…that He is continually inviting you into a deeper relationship with Him. What would be different if you were to really grab hold of this? How would it change your relationship with him? Reflect on this and consider journaling around this thought.

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Carol said...

What an interesting concept, "God doesn't need me, He wants me." I don't often think of my relationship with Him like this. I guess it's kind of like I love everyone in my family but that doesn't mean that I want to spend time with them all or that I desire a relationship with all of them. I think that teh words desire and want personalize it for me. What a great new way to look at things and my time with God.
Thank you!
Love,
Carol