CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

wait and see

I often speak of the importance of creating space for God in our lives. Not doing more things for him but being with him in silence and solitude. Creating this space allows God to speak into our lives.

Many times, when I am making a big decision, I quietly offer that decision to God and ask for his guidance. I am learning not to fret over it but to leave it with him and trust that he will lead me. I may verbalize the prayer, one time, to Him. Then I sit in silence with Him. I wait and see.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t have my part to do. I think that may be the most difficult thing…determining what part is God’s and what part is mine. So, I spend time, quietly with God, and wait for Him to respond, to speak, to move. One author puts it this way….my job is to wait and see…..WAIT for God to speak and then be able to SEE what He is doing.

I have come to love waiting to see how God will work things out. I enjoy paying attention to how he wants me to respond, to work with him. It has helped me to relax a bit. Consider spending some sacred time with God today. Give Him time and space to speak to you. Look forward to what He has to say.

Grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not come to the point of loving to wait to see how God will work. But I am as far as knowing if I wait that He will work, it will not be the way I expected but it is always the best way. This has helped me not to fret. God always makes me wait. It's part of me trusting in him. God always comes through for me although rarely on my timing, it's usually at the last possible moment. But that's okay because as I wait I learn more about the character of God.

Jane said...

Deb,
I totally agree with the part about "what part is God's and what part is mine" I was taught a long time ago, by a very wise person ;) that giving my concerns, grief, decisions, my everything to God is what is required of me, by Him...that part is called surrender..the listening for the still small voice that speaks to me about what my action is supposed to be, is the most difficult part for me. I believe I "hear" Him, I take action and I find that it wasnt Him that I heard, it was me...again. What happens is, I get impatient (i know this is really hard for you to believe!!) it seems to take too long for my answers, or He is answering me right away...and its not what I want to hear...These kinds of games can only get me in trouble. He knows what Im doing and it takes me twice as long for me to find peace.
I can't...He can...I should let him!