CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 8, 2007

rest

And so, let me let you hold me
when I have come to the place
beyond the willingness to labor,
beyond anything but the longing for rest.
Let my emptiness be emptiness
till it reveals to me your face
and let my weariness be weariness
till it prompts me to your rest.
Then may I know the healing of the possibility
of dreams and take up my work again.


Jan Richardson


Tomorrow is the Sabbath. Allow yourself to enter into the rest God intends for you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always in God's timing! Today my girls are off at an exciting sleepover with a good friend. That has given me the gift of quietness for the evening. So much of my life is major multi-tasking. How many things can we handle at one time. Yet, tonight, knowing that the girls are away and work isn't pressing on my mind until Monday, I had quiet and focus. I made dinner and just enjoyed the smells and sounds that come with the preparation. I worked on the garden and marveled at the beauty in all God has created. I was reminded of how He always provides for my needs in the right timing... how He tends my heart, pulling away at the weeds of sin... how He waters my soul with refreshment even through the times of drought. REST! It looks so different now than a few years ago. Some days I know that God is holding the pressures of the world at bay as my refuge and strength. Some days He allows me to feel each weight-filled moment, but only so that I can see that in His work and Word there is true rest and refreshement. Wishing you all HIS REST today and each blessed day that follows.