CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

being

First, I apologize for not having this post done earlier this morning. The storm last night knocked out my internet.

And....there will be times in the future when I will post a poem, a Scripture,or a quote without my commentary. I would ask that you sit with the words and allow God to speak to you in the way He wants. Today is one of those days...

Peace,
Deb

O my God,
whom I adore,
help me to become
wholly forgetful of self,
that I may be immovably rooted in you
and calm as though I was already in eternity.

May nothing disturb my peace
or draw me forth from you,
O my unchanging Holy One,
but may I at every moment penetrate more deeply
into the depths of your mystery.

~Elizabeth of the Trinity

1 comments:

Jane said...

Deb,
Thanks so much for this prayer. I just read it today (thursday) and it is exactly what I need for today. It has been 8 days since my surgery, that was supposed to render me "sedentary". You know me and how difficult that is for me. I wrote on my blog about how God started me on this silence and solitude journey about 1 yr ago and how different that looks today, versus how it looked then! God was setting me up!!! I am so grateful for this prayer today because if I can apply "calm as though I was already in eternity" just for this one minute today, I will feel closer to Him. I have been doing the self pity thing because I am bored out of my mind, I need to be "wholly forgetful of self" and pay attention. I have been paying attention, because thats about all I can do!!!, but I really need to be more intentional about the positive aspects of my sendentary state. Thanks again, Love Jane