CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

love

“You must see what great love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children – which is what we are.”

1 John 3:1



You may remember this piece of scripture from the other day. I had just returned from Brazil yesterday and received this email from a sweet friend of mine. I was so touched by the way she described what this verse means to her, that I wanted to share it with you. Here is what she said………….


“I love that passage --- I get hung up on the extravagant word "lavish". The dictionary defines it as "characterized by or produced with extravagance or profusion: immoderate in giving or bestowing; unstinting: to give in abundance; shower. It is probably from the old French ...for “downpour or to wash". I love looking at these huge words that all describe God's love for me. These are all words that when applied to anything, they mean to provide far more than we need or expect. We as humans can be quite moderate in giving our love, but not so our Father. It makes me think of standing outside in a downpour of rain, when you get totally soaked to the skin, no matter what you are wearing. God's love penetrates our outer layers, not by any effort on our part, but by His great mercy and LOVE. He wants to soak us in it --- and He has enough to do that with each of us.

I think God chooses His words so carefully to help us comprehend the riches He has for us. Something I read today referred to how as a child you page through the Bible and are disappointed that there are no pictures. But as adult readers, we see there are 100's of them, this being 1!”



I love this description….allow yourself to feel the ‘down pouring’ today as God lavishes you with His love.

Grace,
Deb

0 comments: