CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

trust


“Rather than avoiding that which frightens us or makes us uncomfortable or seems too beautiful to be true, we have an obligation to write, to live, right into it – because that’s probably where the truth is hiding.”

Rachel Held Evans

What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable? What is too beautiful to be true? If you are like me you almost don’t want to speak it out loud. Because, if you do, it may come true. But, is hiding from it any guarantee that it won’t come true? Yeah, not so much.

I had the opportunity to share one of my fears with a few friends yesterday. It was a setting in which they asked me Spirit-led questions and I waited for the truest answers I could find within myself. Once I spoke about the fear, it lost its strength. Through gentle, probing questions I remembered God’s calling and His leading. And, under that fear is where the truth was hiding. Or maybe better put, where I had buried the truth.

As I was writing this piece, I received an email from a dear friend who is going through her own battle with fear. Circumstances look very bleak. In her email, she was encouraging me…reminding me (I think also in an attempt to grasp it for herself) that God is sovereign no matter what the circumstances.

We don’t need trust when everything looks good and it’s hard to hold onto to trust when things look bad. For me, God has graciously provided friends who trust for me when I am having a hard time trusting myself. And, hopefully I can do the same for them.

So – what are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable? What is too beautiful to be true? Find someone to share that with and let them, with God, help you to live into where the truth is hiding.

Grace and peace,
Deb

Photo by richwall100 http://www.flickr.com/photos/richwall100/5786397319/

0 comments: