CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

being


Practicing silence and solitude, journaling, and lectio divina has moved me into a more contemplative relationship with God. These spiritual disciplines have helped me reflect on how I see God moving in my life. They help me deepen my relationship with Him. But…that is not where it ends. If it stays an inner journey and there is no outward evidence of this time spent with God, then what is it for?

Although this time with God is very meaningful to me and I love the solitude, I am called, by God to take what I am learning about myself and about Him and move in the world in a different way. The beauty of spending time with Him, ‘being’, is learning to listen to His voice and discern what He may want me to be ‘doing’.

I invite you to spend time with Him today in solitude and listen to see how He wants you to ‘be’ with others and ‘be’ in the world.

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.