CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 17, 2011

love


“You have loved us first, O God, alas! We speak of it in terms of history as if you loved us first but a single time, rather than that without ceasing You have loved us first many times and everyday and our whole life through. When we wake up in the morning and turn our soul towards You – You are there first – You have loved us first: if I rise at dawn and at that same second turn my soul towards you in prayer, You are there ahead of me, You have loved me first. When I withdraw from the distractions of the day and turn my soul towards You, You are there first and thus forever. And we speak ungratefully as if You have loved us first only once.”
Søren Kierkegaard

Is this something you think about? That He loved you first? That the only reason you love Him is because He drew you to Himself?

Sit in this truth today.

Grace and peace,
Deb

photo by cgoldberg89 http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgb_bbear/3082932860/

1 comments:

Rob said...

his love is so indescribable!