CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 24, 2011

awareness


Someone pointed out to me
That a pebble and a diamond
Are alike to a blind man.

Maybe I’ve been fingering
Diamonds all this time
Without even realizing it.

The author of this poem, Steven James, makes the point in his book, The Story, that blindness isn’t because of lack of light. That is darkness. Blindness is the inability to see the light that is all around you.

I think my life has been like this. God is always speaking to me, always moving in my life, but I usually don’t see it unless it is huge. I am like a blind woman who is surrounded by light but I am unable to see.

The prayer I pray the most lately is that God would allow me to see Him and to hear Him. I pray for new eyes to see what I have not seen. I ask for new ears to hear what I have not heard. All I want is to be more aware of His presence. My inability to sense or feel Him isn’t because He isn’t here or isn't moving…it’s because I haven’t known how to look for Him.

The more I pray this prayer and keep my intention towards God, the more I notice Him in my everyday life and sense His love for me.

Consider asking God for greater awareness today. It is a beautiful prayer that will draw you closer to Him.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: