CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

impatience


One thing God has definitely been working on in my life is patience. It is something that does not come to me naturally, but I do feel that my ability to wait has improved. I have been able to allow myself to rest in God’s arms and be ok with his timing. Whenever I have been anxious about timing, I remember that God is holding it all and I relax. That is until the past week or so.

Impatience has reared its’ ugly head in my life. I find myself looking at the clock over and over. I find myself checking my cell phone for messages over and over. I must restrain myself from making phone calls several times a days.

Let me explain. I am waiting…and waiting…and waiting for someone. He was supposed to be here yesterday…or so I thought. There was a chance that he would arrive early but he didn’t. I’ve been ready for him for several weeks. He is the last thing I think of when I lay down at night and the first thing when I wake up in the morning. No…I’m not talking about Jesus (please don’t hold that against me or think less of me!) The ‘he’ I am speaking of is my new grandson. I haven’t met him yet because he hasn’t arrived yet! Hence the reason for my insane impatience. Where did my practice of patience go? What happened to it? It’s gone…zip, zippo, zippy jack gone!

I am a woman obsessed. I want to call my daughter once an hour to see how she’s feeling. Any contractions? Yes. :0) Are they any stronger…no. :0( I have my bag packed and in the car. I know…you are thinking…”why does she need a bag?” Because…I have been invited into the labor and delivery room, along with Sam’s mom and I want to be prepared in case it’s a long one.

I think one of the reasons I am so excited is that I was not present for the birth of my twin granddaughters. My daughter-in-law gave birth nearly three months early…when I was in Argentina! I missed the entire event. So to be here, in the states, in Pennsylvania, in York, ready to be in the hospital…and in the delivery room is like a child waiting for Christmas morning.

So…I wait. I wait with great anticipation…for God’s perfect timing.

Impatiently yours,
Deb

0 comments: