CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

God moments


Today, I had to go on an errand. I was looking for something specific. I went to the first store that I thought might have what I was looking for. They didn’t. They were kind enough to direct me to another store. I had never been to this new store before. I found my way to the shop and when I went in, I was greeted very warmly. The woman who greeted me was behind the counter and another person was between us so I didn’t know who it was. Then she came out from behind the other person and it was someone I hadn’t seen for a long time. What a nice surprise.

We began a conversation and she shared that she had just thought of me earlier as she had been reading material from a women’s retreat we had both attended years ago.

Now you may wonder why I am even telling this story. There is a point. I promise…. We discussed some tough times she had experienced in the last several years that God had carried her through.

I was there on a matter regarding something I needed for sacred~encounters and she asked what the business was about. We talked about how my passion is helping women go deeper with God through looking for Him in their everyday, ordinary lives…just like seeing the connection between her thoughts of the retreat and me earlier and then, there I am in her store…the unique way God makes these cool connections. I think we were both encouraged by the fact that Jesus is so involved in our lives.

But…there is more. What she didn’t know, was that I was impacted by my time with her…I left that shop with tears in my eyes, thanking God. That meeting was also a special time for me. He used it to reinforce something He is speaking to me about so it was very meaningful (that particular thing I will keep to myself…at least today).

I love when I see these ‘connections’…these ‘God moments’, when He allows us to see the threads of His presence in our lives and what He is doing in and through us.

May you have a 'God moment' today. May you see His presence very clearly and be encouraged.

Peace and Grace,
Deb

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Thank you for sharing that Deb. God IS such a loving God. I just read a footnote that I need to keep close to my heart.

"The book of Esther is an example of God's divine guidance and care over our lives. God's sovereignty and power are seen throughout this book. Although we may question certain circumstances in our lives, we must have faith that God is in control, working through both the pleasant and difficult times so that we can serve him effectively."

God knew what we were going to have to go through and He knew how we would react. But when we turn and look at him and take his hand he says it clearly in Psalm 51:12 THEN I WILL....

He surely uses the ordinary for extraordinary things.

May God Bless you,
Cathy