CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 20, 2012

unlearning curve


“Until we come face to face with the deepest, darkest fact of life without damaging our view of God’s character, we do not yet know Him”

Oswald Chambers

Commenting on the above quote –

“The point of this quote is that God does not allow trials to teach us something but to unlearn something. The next time I am faced with a trial, I want to ask – “What do you want me to unlearn?”

Peter Scazarro

I love this quote and Scazarro’s take on it. Isn’t it just like God to do the opposite of what we would think He would do? I know, during tough times, I have often asked myself, “What is God trying to teach me?” In reality, most of the time, I think God is revealing something deeper to me about who He is. He does not bend to my expectations. He does not answer my every prayer. He does not always clearly reveal the path I am to take. He does not do things the way I think they should be done.

God does not bend to my whims….He is God. I have so much to unlearn.

Grace and peace-
Deb

0 comments: