CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

unlikely source


“When will you ever see yourself clearly?”

Edward to Bella – Breaking Dawn

Ok…I admit it. I read Twilight…and all the sequels. My daughter kept telling me how much she had enjoyed them. I asked her what they were about and promptly told her I really didn’t want to read a novel about vampires. I have nothing against vampires. Ok…before everyone starts sending in the comments, I know that historically, the belief is that vampires are damned and embody some form of evil. But I have always been drawn to them. I was so excited when I actually got to visit Dracula’s castle in Transylvania a few years ago. (This may be the same part of me that enjoys MMA, but that is for another post).

Anyway, she wore me down and I finally agreed to read the first book. I could not put it down. Now, I’ve read better written literature but it really was a page turner for me. It was a guilty pleasure. I would stay up late to read, wake up early to read…you get the point. I finished the first, then the second, the third and finally was working on the fourth. Near the end of the book, Edward was having a conversation with Bella and he said “When will you ever see yourself clearly?” Now, I am not sure what exactly happened in that moment but it as if God spoke those words directly to my heart. I put the book down and cried. Then I journaled. I realized that He wanted me to hear those words. For what I was going through at that time, those words were like a balm to my soul.

And I was amazed that God would use a book about vampires to speak to my heart. How cool is that? What that said to me is that I limit how and where I think God may speak.

Today, may you open your eyes, your ears, and your heart to see, hear and receive what God has for you in the way He wants to bring it. Don’t limit Him. You may be very surprised at the places or the ways He shows Himself to you.
Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Deb!!!
Prayers and blessings, Carol S.