CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

entering sabbath


"The only parameter that is to guide our Sabbath is delight. Will this be merely a break or a joy? Will this lead my heart to wonder or routine? Will I be more grateful or just happy that I got something done?"

Dan Allender ~ Sabbath

I am reading

Sabbath
by Dan Allender. I need it. The book, I mean. Of course I need Sabbath...we all do but I need the book to help me learn how to do a Sabbath. I've always thought of the Sabbath as a list of do's and don't's and I don't remember delight being on the list. If delight is the focus of our Sabbath time, why do you think so many of us, myself included, avoid it?

Food for thought. Please feel free to share why you don't practice Sabbath...or why you do.

grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: