CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 7, 2010

identity


“You must see what great love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children – which is what we are.”

1 John 3:1

Re-read this scripture, slowly. Let the truth of it sink in. The God of the universe has chosen you. He is calling you His own. What can be better than that? I love thinking about this and considering how I might be changing because this reality is more than just an intellectual thought…it is a truth beginning to take hold in my heart.

I wanted to find a way to hold this in a deeper way so I re-wrote it for myself:


“Look and see the great love my Father has lavished on me…by letting me be called ‘His beloved daughter’ – which is what I am.”

Each of us can say this. Take some time today to ponder this treasure from God’s word. Re-write it and make it your own. Let it be one of those truths that moves from your head down into your heart.

Peace from one of His children,
Deb

1 comments:

deb said...

Thank you for this reminder. This morning I also read from Seeking the Silences by Ringma, the following: "We need to embrace the vulnerability of our own prayers and our acts of service and not become dismayed by their seeming insignificance. It is God who adds to our weakness, strength. To our faith, courage. To our smallness, beauty. To the small seed, an abundant harvest." The convergence of your post and this quote today have had a God-sized influence.