CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Lord is My Shepherd....



I am working through the Ignatian Exercises with my spiritual director. This past week I spent time on the 23rd Psalm. I was moved in a way I haven’t been before by this passage. I was prompted to re-write it to express how I sense God meeting me at this time in my life:


My Beloved sustains me,
there is nothing else I need.
You create time and space for me to rest.
You offer me endless ways to refresh myself.

You provide just enough light
for me to see the way ahead ~
the way you want me to go.

Even when I cannot sense you,
because of the impact of the Fall,
whether it be because of loss, illness, death,
or even because of my own actions,
you are there right next to me.

If I take the time to be aware,
evidence of your presence is everywhere.
You create opportunities for me
to offer my gifts to the world
in a way that suits how you made me
and you do this in spite of those
who have said I am wrong.

You have chosen to give me a gift
and as I walk into it,
I am overwhelmed with your love and your favor.

You continue to pursue and woo me constantly.
This is the place I wish to dwell
every moment of every day.

0 comments: