CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

authenticity


“One of the best ways to reach our culture is to live compelling lives.”

Gary Thomas

The people I come in contact with are not in need of my words, my take on what is wrong with culture and what is right with God. They are in need of seeing me as a person who lives what I believe. They need to see integrity. They need to sense love and compassion. They need to know I care…not just about them coming to know God and becoming more like Him, but that I care about them right where they are. They need to see something in me that draws them to Christ.

I am convinced that they will not come to God because of Christians ‘preaching’ at them but because they see us living lives that defy explanation. They need to see us living in peace when our circumstances may look chaotic. They need to see us slowing down when life is frantic. They need to see us living authentically, not pretending that a life with God is always easy.

Today, may you live in integrity.

May you live in a place of compassion and love.

May you reflect Christ to those around you in a compelling way.

May you ‘walk the walk’.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: