CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

vulnerabilty


“Daring to accept myself and receive love as I am in my nakedness and vulnerability is the indispensable precondition for genuine transformation. But make no mistake about just how difficult this is. Everything within me wants to show my best ‘pretend self’ to both other people and to God. This is my false self – the self of my own making. This self can never be transformed, because it is never willing to receive love in vulnerability. When this pretend self receives love, it simply becomes stronger and I am even more deeply in bondage to my false ways of living.”
David Benner
Transformation. This is what I desire. But in order to surrender to transformation, I need to be vulnerable…to God and to others. Vulnerability has a cost. Vulnerability means letting your walls down and every time you do that you risk getting hurt.
Whenever I pretend to be someone I am not, when I feel the need to defend, to prove, to over-explain, to compete, I am not resting in God. I am taking over the reins again and trying to steer things the way I want them to go.
So – will I rest in God, be vulnerable and let my true self show through – or will I resist, argue, pretend and put myself in deeper bondage to the false self?
Each day allows me to make that choice. Today I choose vulnerability. How about you?

Grace and peace –
Deb

Photo by Kevin Henderson klherrit@gmail.com

0 comments: