CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

prayer


“Trust and faith should frame our whole prayer experience. This is what allows us to let go of control and allow God to shape prayer and our encounter. Prayer involves surrender to a mysterious inner process, submitting to something God does in us. If we trust enough to let go, God will give us a gift of prayer communion that we could never create or even imagine.”

David Benner

Even in prayer, it is to my benefit to ‘let go’. As long as I insist on using prayer as a vehicle to get my way, I am misusing one of God’s most beautiful gifts. Being able to pour my heart out to Him while holding on lightly to any outcomes – or even more- having my prayer be a place of expressing to God that I want what He wants more than what I want allows me to trust that He knows best.
What might you be holding onto tightly today? What would it look like to release it into God’s hands? Could you express that to Him in a prayer of surrender? Give it a try….

Grace and peace,
Deb

Photo by Kevin Henderson klherrit@gmail.com

0 comments: