CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

open


The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Waiting is hard…so hard. If I know what is next, what it looks like, how to prepare, I feel as if I have some control. But to just wait?

Waiting can be a sign of trust. Like the beach, being empty, open and choiceless can allow whatever God wants to come to me, to come. It isn’t that I don’t care about what is next – it that I am allowing God to choose the direction and the timing.

Are you waiting for something? What might it look like to wait – being empty, open and choiceless? Yielding all? I invite you to try.

Grace and peace,
Deb





Photo by MiqsPix http://www.flickr.com/photos/miqspix/4703082931/

0 comments: