CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

taking stock



Today is New Year’s Eve. It is the time for those oh-so-hard-to-keep resolutions. But, it is a good time to reflect on the past and to contemplate the future. Usually, I think about things like my weight, or maybe my spending habits, both of which seems to be a bit over the limit right now. :/

I also want to think about my relationship with God. I don't want to take it for granted. If, come next January one, I am in the same place with God that I am this year, that would not be a good thing. I don’t think my relationship with Him is static. I think it always changing…either moving closer to Him or moving further away. I don’t want to be further away. So, in the same way I need to monitor my food intake or my money output, I need to be aware of my relationship with Jesus. I need to set time aside to be with Him. I need to be looking for Him throughout the day in the things and circumstances that make up ordinary life. I need to surrender my agenda, my wants, my desires to Him and wait expectantly to see how He will move. That does not just happen. I need to be intentional.

Consider taking some time today or tomorrow reflecting on how you would like your relationship with God to be and what you might do to nurture it. Consider writing a letter to God letting Him know what your desires are and asking Him to reveal to you what your part looks like.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: