CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ever-changing


“God is always changing the way I think of Him. I am not saying that God Himself is changing, or that my theology is one and I blur the lines on truth; I am only saying I think I know who He is and then I figure out I don’t know very much at all.”
Donald Miller

Have you ever felt this way? Felt like you had God all figured out? I have. There was a time in my life that I thought I had the whole thing figured out. God, me, life.
Now? I am somewhat closer to figuring me out. Not that there still isn’t a lot to understand but I can be patient. I can only absorb so much self-knowledge at a time. :0)
I’m kinda getting life figured out. It’s hard with places of beauty thrown in (at least that is my perspective today).
Now, about God. I am not even close. What I know is that I will never know the whole of who He is. He is mystery. What He has revealed to me is that He loves me like no one ever has or ever will. He knows what is best for me. He wants to see me be who He designed me to be. And He loves it when I can trust Him even though I am still on a daily discovery of knowing more of Him.
My theology isn’t open, except to what God wants to speak into it. He is always changing the way I think of Him. Is God the same to you today as He was 5 years ago? If so, ask Him to allow you to see something new, something fresh. It isn’t Him that is changing but your perception of Him. Open your heart and your mind.
Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: