CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

s p a c e

S p a c e……I need space! Yesterday was a long day. It was an awesome day, filled with incredible conversations and interactions. It started early and ended late. But it seemed like something was missing. What was it? S p a c e. I had not spent intentional time in the morning with God. It’s not magic. It just helps me center on what is most important to me….my relationship with Him.

What I say I want is to have all of my life reflect God…hopefully, that others would see Him in me. What doesn’t make sense to me is the relationship I say is the most important I can neglect. So many reasons why….I want to sleep in, I need to get a few things before I leave the house, or at night, I’ve already put in a full day and want to veg in front of the tv. So what gets moved to tomorrow? Sometimes, my time with God.

Thank goodness it’s different now than a few years ago. I work now to be more aware of God’s presence in my daily life, so my relationship with Him feels rich and deep. But I realize that when I don’t have my special time with Him in the morning…..I miss it. I feel a bit more scattered throughout the day…not quite as focused. And I love that I miss it…that I miss it because I love being with Him during that time and not because I feel guilty because I didn’t fulfill an obligation. I don’t think God wants us to come to Him out of obligation. I think He wants us to come to Him because we love Him and desire to just sit with Him.

May your times with Him be so special that when you are unable to spend intentional time with Him….you miss Him.

Peace,
Deb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb,

I totally agree with what you said today! I need two kinds of space. I like to start the day spending time with God. I make a cup of tea then God and I talk. At the end of the day I need space to reflect back over the day. This helps me to see where God worked on my behalf throughout the day. At the time it may not have seemed that God was there at all but in reflection I can see he was there. If I don't or can't take time that day it all gets lost in the business of life and I lose the opportunity to see God in my life. I try to guard my space carefully.

lifelaughterchaos said...

Deb, wow...did you step into my life? (trust me if you did, you would have crushed cheerios on the bottom of your shoes). This battle for me is endless. For me the battle is not just for time, but the battle of obligation. And when I do approach the throne I come graveling for answers...I don't embrace his presence. I know I am missing such a meaningful part of our relationship...if only I can learn to center my mind and quiet the voices in my head. I have been able to understand my relationship more with God since I've had kids...I want my children to come to me and talk and pour out what is on their hearts...not because I'm forcing them but because they want to spend time with me and see me as their friend. I also cherish that time at the end of the day when I can just hold them without words...and at those times I feel more love for my kids than I do at any other point of the day. I know that same intimacy is there with my Father...if only I take the time to focus and to allow his quiet embrace.

deb said...

Cindy,

The end of the day s p a c e is great. Somtimes we do need to slow down and look for where God was in the midst of the day...have Him walk us through our day and all it held to see where He was, how did we respond...what does He want us to notice about all of it?

thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

deb said...

Billie,
What a beautiful analogy! Seeing our relationship with God and the similarities in our relationship with our children....isn't it awesome when we take the time to notice it? I am enjoying hearing about God is showing you.

Thanks for sharing!