CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

tears


Help me, O God,
give me the courage to cry.
Help me understand that tears bring
freshly washed colors arching across the soul,
colors that wouldn’t be there apart from the rain.
Help me to see in the prism of my tears,
something of the secret of who I am.
Give me the courage
not only to see what those tears are revealing
but to follow where they are leading.
And help me to see,
somewhere over the rainbow,
that where they lead me is home….

Ken Gire

Photo by silentavenger7
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9288015@N06/622365097/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb - I'm blessed by your posts each day. The truth, beauty and simplicyy are balm for my soul.

This post reminds me of words written by Susan Phillips in Candlelight where she encourages us to "follow the trail of tears" for they will surely lead to God.

Grace and peace to you too...
Kim - C8

deb said...

Kim,
Thank you so much for your comment. It encourages me.
I hope the posts continue to speak to you...thank you for reading.

grace and peace-
Deb