CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 21, 2011

imagine


"There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing. (They hang there, the stars, like notes on a page of music, free-form verse, silent mysteries swirling in the blue like jazz.) And as I lay there, it occurred to me that God is up there somewhere. Of course, I had always known He was, but this time I felt it, I realized it, the way a person realizes they are hungry or thirsty. The knowledge of God seeped out of my brain and into my heart. I imagined Him looking down on this earth, half angry because His beloved mankind had cheated on Him, had committed adultery, and yet hopelessly in love with her, drunk with love for her."

— Donald Miller

Allow yourself to spend some time with this quote today. What do you notice? What part of it moves you? Upsets you? Consider journaling about those things, paying attention to what you are feeling and then offer it all up in a prayer to God.

grace and peace,
deb

Photo by Jared http://www.flickr.com/photos/generated/3152875826/

0 comments: