CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

exposure


“Many avoid the path of self-knowledge because they are afraid of being swallowed up in their own abysses. But Christians have confidence that Christ has lived through all the abysses of human life and that he goes with us when we dare to engage in sincere confrontation with ourselves. Because God loves us unconditionally – along with our dark sides – we don’t need to dodge ourselves. In the light of this love the pain of self knowledge can be at the same time the beginning of our healing.”

Richard Rohr

It is comforting to think that God loves us, dark sides and all. I don’t think I would have always said that. There was a time when I tried to hide my dark side from God, as if that were even possible. Now, I know that healing does truly come only when I allow God to gently show me what I need to know, acknowledge the truth about myself and allow Him to change me.

May you allow Him to shine His light on the dark areas of your heart and may you sense healing taking place.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: