CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the chicken or the egg?



“We are not sinners because we commit sinful acts ~ we commit sinful acts because we are sinners.”
Richard Foster

Makes you stop and think doesn’t it? I Deb, am not a sinner because I commit sinful acts….I commit sinful acts because I am a sinner. What came first – the chicken or the egg? In this case, I think it’s the chicken.
This isn’t the way to was supposed to be. We were meant to live in perfect communion with God but it all got kinda messed up in the Garden. Yeah…remember that little incident? Had something to do with a woman, an apple and a snake. Never a good combination. Actually, it represents the very acts that I engage in that would signify me being a card carrying member of the sinner club….wanting my own way. Wanting to be in charge. Not truly believing that God knows best, that He loves me, that I can fully trust Him. Yep…those are the times when know I am a sister of Eve. Listening to the whispers of the enemy in my ear and picking the apple. I know isn’t what God has for me but thinking it will fill the hole left by the fall. But, it doesn’t. The only thing that fills it is Him.

Am I a sinner? Oh yeah. Will I continue to commit sinful acts? Oh yeah. Does He love me in spite of that? Oh yeah. Thank you, Jesus.

May you acknowledge your ‘sinner’ status but not let it define you. May you allow God to speak His love into your empty spaces. May you remember that although you are a sister of Eve or a brother of Adam, more importantly, you are a child of God.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: