CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

prayer task


“How can we possibly expect anyone to find real nurture, comfort and consolation from a prayer life that taxes the mind beyond its limits and adds one more exhausting activity to the many already scheduled ones?”

Henri Nouwen

Is this how prayer feels to you? I know it did for me. I would go through my exhaustive list and then realize I had forgotten to pray for someone who had asked me to pray for them. I felt as though I couldn’t keep them all straight. It made prayer seem more like another task rather then spending some incredible time with God.

I wanted my prayer time with him to be what he wanted it to be, not what I had been taught it should look like. So, I simply asked God how he wanted me to be with him. And, over time, he taught me. Prayer became much less a task to be accomplished and much more a time of loving and being loved by God.

Consider asking God how he wants you, as an individual, to be with him. We are each uniquely designed and each reflect something different about him. Consider discovering what your unique relationship with God really looks like.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: