CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

friends


A couple of nights ago, I had the chance to spend some time with several women. We have been coming together to design a labyrinth for our church, something we have been doing for the last several years. We all have an artistic bent. We all have some experience in spiritual formation.
As they left my home, it occurred to me what a beautiful experience this is for me. We have such a level of respect for each other. I sense no competition, only an open and encouraging space to create. We each bring something different to the project and it is truly an exercise in cooperation and collaboration.
I have worked in other settings with women and, unfortunately, the experience was less than positive. Sometimes we, as women, can be so unkind to each other.
Take a few moments today and reflect on the women in your life who nurture the best in you, who want to see you be who you were meant to be and reflect God’s love to you.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: