CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

growth


“Some of our deepest spiritual work is done in the context of our family of origin.”
MKG

I think there is truth in this statement. Those formative years created the foundation for my emotional make-up. How I chose to process those experiences and those relationships impact how I will move in this world. Being able to look at them, with God, can allow me to see places where God was present with me even when I felt alone. I can see times where He intervened and protected me. I can also see times when I ask…”Why didn’t you intervene?”

If I believe that God loves me and that he will use everything in my past, present and future to mold me, then I can look back and see His hands in all of it….I can even come to place of gratitude for all the experiences I’ve had.

Learning to be grateful, learning to forgive, learning to move on, learning to love…these are all some of the deep spiritual work God has allowed me to do in the context of my family of origin.

No matter whether you look back with memories of joy or memories of pain, God can use it all. It may not be an easy journey to process it but well worth the work involved.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: