CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

creations


“If your heart is straight with God, then every creature will be to you a mirror of life and a book of holy doctrine. No creature is so little or so mean as not to show forth and represent the goodness of God.
”Thomas A’Kempis

My heart must be very bent. I struggle to see the beauty in a thousand -legger. We moved into our house tow years ago this October. The first time I saw one my heart skipped a beat. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. They are fast. Really fast. I guess I’d be fast too if I had a thousand legs. (I know it’s not REALLY a thousand legs….just seems that way!) I had not seen any in our last two homes. After the sighting, I directly went to Jeff and said, “We need to move.” I realized that was a rash decision. I took a few minutes and decided we could try something else first…an exterminator. Jeff wasn’t too keen on this solution either. So, I went to the internet to find out how I could rid our homes of these little beasts. Not such a good idea. It did not help me one bit to see page after page of thousand-leggers…in color! I had a really hard time sleeping that night.
I look at all of creation and see the incredible imagination of God. He is the source of the creative spirit. The shapes; large, small, miniscule, fluid. The colors, violet, maize, robin egg blue, scarlet. The textures; skin, scales, fur, hide. The legs: two, four, six, thousands. You get my drift.
No matter how I feel about a particular creature, it is a God –creation, made just the way He intended. I know He loves thousand-leggers. I’m just not there yet.
Enjoy His creation today.
Peace,
Deb

0 comments: