CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

faith


As you move into the next couple of days and reflect on what Jesus was facing, what He went through and how He went to the cross for you and for I, what the meaning of 'fatih' is, the following piece may be meaningful. It is written from a Jewish perspective and speaks of incredible faith in God, despite unbelievable hardship.

From Down to Earth Spirituality, written by Jessel Takover, and later found in the ruins of a Jewish ghetto in Warsaw:

“I believe in you, God of Israel, even if you have tried your best to dissuade me to believe in you. I would like to say to you that at this moment, more ever than in any other previous period of our eternal struggle for survival, we, the tortured, the humiliated, burned alive, burnt alive, insulted, mocked… that we have a right to know until when will you allow this to continue?

I die in peace but not appeased, embittered but not cynical, a believer but not pleading, a man who loves God but does not say Amen to everything…all this will do you no good. You have done everything to destroy my faith, yet I am dying precisely as I have lived saying, “Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, One Lord. Into your hands I commit my spirit.”

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: